Generally, if you are planning to carry out building work on your home or property, it will need building regulations approval.
The following types of projects will need building regulations approval:
- The erection or extension of a building.
- An alteration involving work which will temporarily or permanently affect the ongoing compliance of the building, service or fitting with the requirements relating to structure, fire, or access to and use of buildings.
- Installing replacement windows using a builder or window company which is not FENSA registered.
- The installation or extension of a service or fitting which is controlled under the regulations.
- Insulation into a cavity wall.
- Underpinning of the foundations of a building.
- When you want to change the building’s fundamental use.
- Renovation of a thermal element.
- Change of a building’s energy status.
If you are unsure whether you need building regulations approval, contact us today and we will be able to provide further information.